Thursday 21 December 2017

French & Tudor Custom Dice !



To personalise my early Tudor games of Lion Rampant I have commissioned some bespoke Tudor and French dice.

I was limited in choice of dice, spot and image colour but I think they're pretty good. The images are laser printed and replace the 6, there was the option of having them die cut but this was well out of my price range and had a high minimum order number.

First up here's the Tudor set in white and red. I considered green and white but I thought the images worked better in this combination. The images are a Tudor rose and a Dragon Rampant from Henry VIII's coat of arms.


For the French set we have Louis XII's porcupine and a Fleur de lys on red dice, the red and yellow work rather well as a contrast to the Tudor dice and these are also Louis' livery colours (and Therouanne for that matter)


They're all 16mm which is a little larger than what I usually prefer but any smaller and the images would have been obscured. Here they are on the board for an idea of scale, some French Adventuriers let fly a volley of bolts into a unit of Tudor bill;


The bill then close into combat with hard steel;


They're rather fun and I thought I'd offer them up for sale. I don't have any stock as I've no idea of demand so I propose to take payment up front and place a bulk order to the manufacturer at the end of January.

Thereafter I will consider holding a stock of them and possibly trying some different colours and symbols depending on how well they do. I hope that's fair and that those who are interested will accept the initial delay.

If you'd like to place a pre-order please send me an email stating your address and how many you'd like and I shall respond with a postage inclusive payment request via Paypal. Once payment is received you'll be added to the list. 

All being well I should then be able to get orders out in the first week of February.

My email is;

stum_23@hotmail.com

They are priced at £10 plus P&P for a set of 12 offered as follows;

12 Tudor Rose
12 Dragon
12 Tudor mix pack (6 of each)

12 Louis XII Porcupine
12 Fleur de lys
12 Valois mix pack (6 of each)

Some basic P&P rates*;

UK £1.50 First Class
EU £4.00 International Standard 
USA £5.00 International Standard 
Australia £5.50 International Standard

*International standard has delivery time 3-5 working days EU and of 5-7 working days USA & Australia. The prices above do not include tracking, if you'd like this please state and I will respond with a price inclusive of tracking.

These prices are based upon a large letter which will cover up to 4 packs of 12, contact me for a price if you'd like more.


This pretty much rounds off the year for me hobby wise. I've got a few more archers on the go which I'm hoping to get done over the Christmas period but I may get distracted, more on those in the New Year.

It's been a really fun year for the painting desk and gaming table and as ever I've a head full of ideas for 2018, we'll just have to see which ones materialise !

Thanks again for your support and encouragement and wishing you a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

All the best

Stuart

7 comments:

  1. Stuart I would like to order some dice, but cant find your e mail address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that would help wouldn't it ! I shall amend the post. It's stum_23@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. They look great Stuart - I am hoping this time you will have the cursed set! They will most certainly see action, I am looking forward to more games in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and me too buddy, the gaming has really fuelled momentum this year.

      Delete
  3. Very nice indeed, Stuart! I love the little touches you add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete